Wednesday 23 October 2013

'Cause We Got Style!'

Cause We Got Style! is a street style esq. book which depicts European Hip Hop styles from the 80's and early 90's. I purchased this book for the main reason to gain a wider insight into street style and street photography of a different era in order to help push my own thought process' and current work. I found the photographs inside extremely interesting primarily for the fact that most of the brands such as 'Fila', 'Nike' and 'Adidas' are still around within todays fashion industry. I also enjoyed looking at past styles from different countries such as Denmark, Switzerland and Germany, countries in which I thought had no style or style origins




I have always been a fan of old school hip hop but have never experienced a fandom which is so inspired as the photographs within. Artist such as Flava Flav prove within this book to be one of the main inspirations of the styling itself. I can also see further inspirations from other artists such as Grand Master Flash, Jeru the Damaja and Salt N Peppa. 





The book itself to me shows how brands can evolve and how style from a different era can inspire so many new modern street wear brands such as Supreme, Obey and Stussy.





No comments:

Post a Comment